Transparency Report: Batch 001
Product: The Outlier Premium Fleece Hoodie
Materials: 66% TENCEL™ Lyocell, 28% Organic Cotton, 6% Spandex
Fabric supplier: Kendor Textiles (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
Manufacturer: Ürth Apparel, (Newport Beach, CA)
Factory: Cotone Garment Factory (Lima, Peru)
How we plan on improving:
As a small batch clothing startup, it is difficult to find manufacturers who are willing to take on our small orders at a reasonable cost especially when we don't want to compromise on our sustainability and social ethics. In fact, our profit margin on this batch is negative.
The production of this batch does not represent a profitable business practice and forced us to reconsider our options for producing our product. Therefore, we are planning for future batches and products to be produced by seamstresses who are local to our neighborhood of Tacoma, WA. Each of these seamstresses will own their own business and have the opportunity to negotiate their fair prices for producing our products.
Moving forward with this plan will allow us the following benefits:
1. Reduce our carbon footprint by avoiding the practice of shipping our materials and products all over the world.
2. Support local small businesses.
3. Have much more oversight over the supply chain and production practices.
5. Optimize profits that can be reinvested into our mission.
4. Make new friends with our production partners!
Please feel free to reach out with any questions regarding this report.